VINCI Autoroutes and its subsidiaries attach great importance to respecting the private lives of their customers and the protection of their personal data. We also wish to maintain relationships based on our clients’ interests and their trust. We undertake to ensure that your personal data is processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the French law on Information Technology and Civil Liberties. You will find information below regarding the way in which we collect and process your data.
1 - What is personal data?
Personal data is information regarding you that enables you to be identified. For example: your surname and first name, email address, photograph, data of birth, telephone number, etc.
2 - How is personal data collected?
Your personal data may be collected within the context of your internet use when you:
- browse our website,
- use one of the applications offered by a company of the VINCI Autoroutes group,
- fill out one of our forms (such as the subscription form to the VINCI Autoroutes e-toll service, for example),
- participate in one of our games, competitions, promotional offers and studies,
- contact us or inform us of an issue (by telephone, by email or by any other means of communication).
Personal data may also be collected when you use our motorways. The management of traffic and the use of the network require the implementation of mechanisms, notably IT and video devices, to ensure your comfort and your safety.
3 - What personal data may we collect?
- The data needed to subscribe to the services we offer (for example, the subscription to the e-toll service, the mobile applications): your surname and first names, title, telephone number, email address, date of birth, postal address, your previous communications with VINCI Autoroutes or its subsidiaries, password, registration plate, bank details. Some of this information is obligatory. If you do not want to provide them, we will not be able to give you access to the services offered.
- Data pertaining to your motorway journeys in order to calculate the amount for the journey carried out (for example, the date, the toll booth, time of entry and exit from the motorway).
- The data that we may ask for when you contact us or when you inform us of an issue in relation to our services (for example, your surname and first name, your telephone number)
- The data pertaining to your location when you have accepted the collection and processing of this type of data.
- When browsing our website or using a mobile app offered by VINCI Autoroutes or its subsidiaries, we may collect information regarding the devices or networks on which you access our services, via “cookies”, after having obtained your agreement.
4 - How do we use your personal data?
We mainly use your personal data in the management of our customers to enable you to access our services and find out about your expectations in order to improve our services.
We may also offer you personalised services, in connection with your plan, via email.
Subject to having obtained your prior agreement, your personal data may also be used to inform you of our offers and our news that may interest you, via electronic means (email, SMS, etc.) as well as that of our partners.
We also use your personal data to improve our services on our motorway network.
5 - For how long will my personal data be retained?
Your personal data is retained for a proportional duration that is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected.
6 - Who are the recipients of your personal data?
The personal information collected is intended for the companies of the VINCI Autoroutes group, including Cofiroute, ASF and ESCOTA, and is communicated to the authorised staff of the VINCI Autoroutes group.
We may also communicate your personal data to our sub-contractors to whom we entrust technical services, payment services, etc., and subject to having obtained your agreement, to our commercial partners. These people may need to contact you directly via the contact details that you have communicated to us.
All of our commercial partners and our sub-contractors are located in mainland France. The communication of your personal data does not imply the transfer of information outside of France and/or to a non-member state of the European Union without equivalent legislation regarding personal data protection.
We strictly require our commercial partners and our sub-contractors to only use your personal data for the purposes previously mentioned and solely to the extent required for the accomplishment of the tasks entrusted to them, and that they put all necessary measures in place to ensure the security and the confidentiality of your personal data.
We acknowledge that the management of your payment information, by us or by our sub-contractors, complies with the provisions pertaining to the security of banking data, as described in the requirements of the PCI DSS standard (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard).
7 – Where is my personal data retained?
Your personal data is retained in our databases or in the databases of our sub-contractors.
We take all the physical, technical and organisational measures necessary to guarantee the security and the privacy of your personal data against any destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, reproduction or unauthorised access. We require our commercial partners and our sub-contractors to implement the same measures.
8 - What are your rights regarding your personal data? For any request pertaining to personal data, you must attach a copy of a valid form of ID (identity card or passport)."
You have the right to access, rectify and delete your personal data, the right to object to or limit its processing, and the right to its portability. You also have the right to bring a claim before the CNIL (National Commission for Information Technology and Civil Liberties).
To modify your personal data, please log in to your Subscriber Area.
For any question regarding issues logging in to your Subscriber Area, contact your Customer Service via your Subscriber Area, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at the following address:
VINCI Autoroutes Customer Service
13 656 Salon de Provence Cedex
Pour toute demande relative à des données personnelles, vous devrez joindre la copie d’une pièce d’identité en cours de validité (carte d’identité ou passeport).